Overview (Text Only)
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We are currently seeking a Buyer to join our growing team! This person is responsible for the day to day management and development of business processes to maximize sales and gross margin objectives, while managing inventory objectives for specific brands. Develops strategic objectives to ensure long-term sustained growth.
Responsibilities (Text Only)
- Develops the assortment strategy for the assigned category. Works collaboratively with vendor and brand partners to maximize first to market approach of on trend products, promotional and pricing strategy for the assigned category placement.
- Actively partners with pricing and promotional team to ensure optimal performance against sales and margin. Works collaboratively with the marketing and operations team to ensure a ‘customer first’ approach to the product strategy. Works collaboratively with the planning and allocation team to ensure ideal inventory levels. Develops and facilitates presentations to all levels of leadership.
- Analyzes and draws conclusions from multiple resources so as to provide a concise, logical merchandising focus. Identifies and promotes new products and trends in a timely manner to maximize sales potential. Identifies and devises profitable exit strategies, including vendor participation, of slow selling items, discontinued items, package changes and poor promotional sell through.
- Creates and owns strong vendor partnerships. Negotiates with vendors to reduce costs, increase margin, special terms, discounts, allowances and payment dating in all appropriate opportunities.
- Develops category expertise through competitive analysis and attends vendor meetings and tradeshow presentations to identify sales opportunities through new products, trends and competitive strategies.
Qualifications (Text Only)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years category management experience in related field. Consumer goods and services preferred
- Proven track record of growing categories or leading category growth
- Beauty experience a plus
- JDA a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills combined with high creative potential
- Ability to multi task with accuracy
- Leadership qualities and work ethics that dictate the standards for the department
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of staff
- Strong negotiation skills
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed