Overview (Text Only)
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We currently have an opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist I. This person is responsible for reviewing, researching, and resolving all inventory payables’ vendor-related issues, problems, and concerns. Analyzes processes involved in vendor research and develop efficiencies.
Responsibilities (Text Only)
- Responds to vendor inquiries on payment discrepancies, etc. Communicates with Warehouses, Buyers and Vendors to research and resolve differences. Adjusts vendor payments for collect freight bills inconsistent with PO terms by reviewing past payment, receipt and purchasing activity.
- Reviews check request to determine compliance with company policies regarding support and authorization. Determines appropriate account coding, perform control review of vendor history to protect against double payments of invoices, and inputs invoices into accounts payable system. Matches invoices and receiving documentation, review for completeness.
- Compares inventory to system maintained purchase order and receiving information and identifies discrepancies. Corresponds with merchandising and warehouse personnel to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepares documents for film processing by ensuring all objects are removed from the documents to prevent potential damages to the film equipment.
- File all appropriate documents
- Date stamps received all documents for efficient tracking purposes.
Qualifications (Text Only)
- High School diploma or equivalent. College experience in accounting preferred
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience in a computerized environment.
- 10 key by touch
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to establish priorities while researching vendor questions and still meet deadlines that enable cash discounts
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed