Responsible for most routine and preventative maintenance aspects of the distribution center including all buildings, grounds, equipment (including but not limited to; conveyor, lift trucks, Computer and Networking equipment, scales), receiving / shipping pads, racking and parking lots. Ensures the quality, timeliness, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance of distribution center facility and equipment. Assists Director of Distribution with employee relation concerns including payroll, recruiting, performance reviews, policy communication and enforcement, and conflict resolution. Provides a safe, healthy and secure work environment for employees by assisting the Director of Distribution in continually addressing all ergonomic or health issues.
- Provides a safe, healthy and secure work environment for employees by assisting the Director of Distribution in and enforcing company safety, ergonomic, egress, hazardous training/Right to know, waste disposal (hazardous and regular), loss prevention and other related programs; creating and enforcing site specific addendums to such policies; performing and monitoring proactive reviews of such programs; and communicating issues/infractions to upper management and taking appropriate action regarding offenses. Suggest distribution center layout and equipment changes to improve material handling, facility utilization, security and safety.
- Provide for proper routine and preventative maintenance through proper scheduling of maintenance and employees, planning, use of PC based work request system, training of personnel to ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to ensure safe and optimum use.
- Assist the Director of Distribution in evaluating the performance of subordinate employees, carrying out disciplinary actions (to include recommending discharge) and determining work schedules
- Ensure good communications with department managers, warehouse staff, vendors and corporate office in order to ensure that facility is in good working condition and to ensure that all repairs are done in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Assisting Director of Distribution with budget preparation for facility maintenance and maintaining efficient cost control by operating within the operational budget set for the distribution center.