Overview (Text Only)
Sally Beauty Holdings, the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies, is currently searching for an HR Business Partner to join our global HR team. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton, TX, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. This position will support our distribution centers in Sparanburg, SC and Jacksonville FL.
We are currently building a best in class HR team to align strategically with our business units including HR Business partners, centers of excellence and shared service centers. The team has representation around the globe and is committed to the importance of the employee experience shown by our investment and focus on development of initiatives for our people.
We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner II who is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The HRBPII serves as a consultant to management on human resources-related issues. The successful HRBPII will act as an employee champion and change agent. The HRBPII assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBPII seeks to develop integrated solutions. The HRBPII formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBPII may include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBPII maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Responsibilities (Text Only)
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follows-up to ensure training objectives are met.
Qualifications (Text Only)
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed