Overview (Text Only)
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Manager of Revenue and Cash Accounting.
Our Sr. Manager of Revenue and Cash Accounting manages the daily operations of the Store Accounting department and processes bank activity through an automated bank reconciliation program. Daily operations include accounting for the proper posting of sales and related accounts, processing of returned items, reconciliation of store bank accounts and reconciling credit card settlements
Responsibilities (Text Only)
- Provides leadership and assumes responsibility for the functional control over the department. Supervises the Store Accounting staff (10) and reviews/approves their work products (journal entries, reconciliations, reports etc.).
- Establishes and ensures compliance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices relating to store cash management and store transactions in US and Canada. Analyze policies and recommend changes when necessary, including SOX narratives.
- Ensures posting of store sales occurs, either through the daily polling process or with a MOD (manual posting of sales).
- Manages month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes, including journal entries, account analysis, sales validation, reconciliations and internal reporting related to bank accounts, Sally store AR, credit card clearing, gift cards, Beauty Club Cards and other assigned accounts.
- Identifies and implements procedural and process improvements to address emerging risk or opportunities for increased accuracy/efficiency. Works closely with IT when implementing system related improvements, both departmental and company related (i.e. new POS rollout and JDA implementation).
- Manages the Sally store Accounts Receivable process.
- Responds to internal and external audit inquires and provides supporting documentation for all information requests.
- Responds to inquiries from senior management and the field organization regarding store activity, including cash and sales related issues.
- Special projects as requested by management
Qualifications (Text Only)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years experience in accounting with progressive supervisory experience
- CPA designation prefrerred
- Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Sarbanes Oxley knowledge
- ReconNet software experience a plus
- Oracle GL and AR experience a plus
- Altreyx and/or JDA experience a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with multiple departments
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Able to supervise others with varying degree of technical and business knowledge
- Able to identify, analyze, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed