Overview (Text Only)
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. We currently have an opening for a Lease Accounting Analyst.
Our Lease Accounting Analyst is responsible for evaluating and analyzing new leases for payment obligations and accounting implications, as well as on-going account maintenance for each store. They will ensure the accuracy and timeliness of monthly rent payments, escrow adjustments and operating expense reconciliations. Lease Analysts coordinate the flow of information between the landlords, Real Estate and General Accounting, and assume full responsibility for all Lease Accounting related activity for their 700+ stores.
Responsibilities (Text Only)
- Analyze landlord reconciliations of operating expenses. Confirm billing is in accordance with lease terms. Verify pro-rata share, credit for monthly escrows, and evaluate for reasonableness with prior period reconciliations. Process invoice for payment.
- Review monthly statements from landlords. Research and resolve any discrepancies to reconcile the account. Prepare an escrow change form to adjust monthly payment amounts and process check requests as necessary.
- Review all new and renewing leases to abstract relevant lease dates and determine rental obligations. Identify accounting provisions in the lease related to prepaid rent, security deposits, contractual rent increases, and free rent periods. Ensure set-up in the Recurring Rent system is accurate and complete.
- Ensure all processed invoices and new leases are in compliance with company policies and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner, maintaining professional and courteous relationship with coworkers and landlords.
- Processes utility invoices, rent vendor changes and gross sales requests. Reviews and validates Estoppels and SNDA ’s.
Qualifications (Text Only)
- High school degree required, some college preferred
- 2-4 years of clerical accounting or related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, 10-key
- Experience in Lease Accounting or Property Management preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed