Overview (Text Only)
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We currently have an opening for a Director of General Accounting. This role is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting for Sally domestic operations and selected corporate areas. Responsible for managing the Lawson application from a user standpoint, ensuring all statutory requirements are met and Sarbanes-Oxley assigned controls are designed and operating effectively.
Responsibilities (Text Only)
- Ensuring the accuracy of the financial reporting cycle – close, reconciliations and Sarbanes-Oxley controls – for Sally operations and selected corporate functions.
- Ensuring the overall accuracy of the rent obligation process, including applicable reconciliations.
- Preparation and balancing of statutory financial statements to report on legal entity operations for tax purposes.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of the underlying Lawson GL architecture for Report Writer and system fundamentals for processing, to include proper security for assigned areas.
- Coordinate the timely and efficient management of KPMG annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Provides tax related analyses in support of various tax positions and oversees abandoned property filings.
- Provide support to the field operations for special analyses or response to questions.
- Develop management team of up to three managers or senior managers.
Qualifications (Text Only)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting or finance experience
- Experience in accounting for international operations a plus
- CPA designation preferred
- Experience in accounting for multi-location retail operations a plus
- Oracle Software experience plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Strong systems aptitude.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed