Overview (Text Only)
Sally Beauty Holdings, the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies, is currently searching for a Sr. Applications Development Manager to work atour world headquarters conveniently located just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E in Denton, TX.
Our Sr. Application Development Manager will review, analyze, design, code, test and debug computer software solutions that meet requirements of company business applications. Works with end users, Third Parties, other IT staff and management to meet these requirements. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures that may be specific to a hardware platform, development language or application solution. Provides production support as directed by management. Leads and directs the work of the Applications Development Manager and their teams. Performs Applications Development Manager’s performance appraisal and endorses performance appraisals of Applications Development Manager’s subordinates performed by the Applications Development Manager. Fills in for the Director of Application Development as required.
Responsibilities (Text Only)
- Performs review, analysis and design on new assignments identifying opportunities and challenges that may be significant to the successful completion of the assignment. Works with end users, Third Parties, other IT staff and management to define, plan and scope projects. Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish these goals.
- Leads and directs the work of teams reporting directly to this position.
- Writes new code or modifies existing code to meet requirements of company business applications. Tests or Debugs his/her work to ensure that the functional requirements are met and that completed work is of high quality. Follows company development standards which are particular to their team.
- Provides production support in the form of troubleshooting problems, break fixes, ad-hoc data mining or other unspecified activities as directed by management. May be on call for after hours support
- Ensures that subordinate teams comply with existing documentation requirements required for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements and quality of deliverables through adequate application testing
- Reports project status to Project Management Office and Director of Application Development as required by management.
Qualifications (Text Only)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems with 10+ years of relevant programming skills
- Programming Language experience specific to the work group that this team member is a part of
- 8+ years of team leadership experience
- Ability to communicate on a technical and non-technical level with end users, other IT Staff and management (both verbal and written)
- Must be detailed oriented and possess a strong aptitude in development and testing techniques
- Must be able to perform a variety of complex tasks with little supervision
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills
- Must have good follow through skills
- Must be dependable
- Must have sound people management skills
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed