Overview (Text Only)
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
Our Sr. Risk Analyst is responsible for data analytics and premium calculations/processing for insurance costs. Key applications include claim trending and analysis; insurance accrual analysis; budget forecasting and preparation of underwriting submissions accurately reflecting corporate exposures. Interface with both internal and external customers on global basis. Provides clerical support for department as requested.
Responsibilities (Text Only)
- Compilation of data from various sources for consolidation and presentation in property and casualty underwriting submissions including policy audits. Includes interfacing with different departments (Legal, Tax, Accounting, Real Estate, Strategic Planning) and reconciling information provided.
- Requires knowledge and application of database software.
- Review insurance binders and invoices for accuracy.
- Ensure timely posting of certificates of insurance.
- Preparation of New Store reporting for mid-term property changes and reconciliation of changes along with compilation of quarterly ocean cargo exposures.
- Work flow is time sensitive depending upon renewal cycles and is subject to review by Director.
- Monthly analysis and preparation of insurance accrual analysis for review by Executive Management.
- Calculation and reporting of monopolistic and Canadian worker’s compensation premiums as needed for various provinces.
- Processing of premium invoices and gathering of data for development of annual budget.
- Extract and validate data from external databases for use in semi-annual actuarial analysis and claims trend analysis.
- Preparation of premium schedules for insurance tax calculations for subsidiaries as needed.
- Compilation of exposure information for annual budget preparation and forecasts.
- Development and administration of loss trending reports for field and operational distribution.
- Special projects as assigned!
Qualifications (Text Only)
- Bachelors degree in Risk Management, Accounting or Finance
- 1 - 3 years work experience in similar capacity or recent college graduate.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills, including comprehension of database functionality including experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- High Integrity; ability to deal with and respect confidentiality of information.
- Excellent analytical skills, with specific attention to details.
- Individual should be strong team player, with high adaptability to dynamic environments, all while juggling multiple priorities and deadlines
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed